The Balto® Ligatek is carefully designed to stabilize your dog's post-traumatic or acquired knee joint deficiency. With its adjustable hinges, the user can control the ROM (range of motion) and lock the joint into full immobilization or controlled degrees of flexion/extension. This enables the treatment of a variety of needs in a versatile way. The brace's width and length can be adjusted thanks to our trimmable straps, and the upper and lower padding can be extended or shortened to ensure an excellent fit around the leg.
- Post-operative care in cases of cranial-caudal cruciate ligaments deficiency (TPLO, TTA surgical procedures), patellar surgical procedures (Sulcoplasty, tibial tuberosity transposition, fracture), extracapsular technique, and patellar tendon synthesis.
- Conservative treatment usage as an alternative to surgery for conditions such as cranial and caudal cruciate ligament injury and/or tear, traumatic or acquired collateral ligaments deficiency, joint capsule trauma, and patellar dislocation.
- Adjustable hinges and padding
- Trimmable straps
- Hand washable (always remove padded parts before washing)
- Available in 4 sizes and as left or right knee
- Allow up to two weeks for your pet to fully accept the brace
- Wear the brace for 30 minutes a day, increasing 30 minutes each day after, for up to 12 hours
- Consult your veterinarian for specific instructions on when to wear your brace
- Remove the brace when your animal sleeps at night
- Inspect your pet for signs of skin irritation. If any are present, contact your veterinarian
- In addition to wiping the brace clean, keep skin and fur that comes into contact with the brace clean
- Inspect your brace regularly for any damage
Compare Like Braces
|Used to stabilize the knee and provide compression.||Used to stabilize the knee and provide compression bilaterally.||Used to control the range of motion (ROM) and stabilize the knee.|
|The aluminum (slightly adjustable) splints are removable.||The aluminum (slightly adjustable) splints are removable bilaterally.||The aluminum splints are not removable, but are adjustable.|
|Uses adjustable Velcro for a secure fit and comes with a male and female anchor kit.||Uses adjustable Velcro for a secure fit while the braces anchor together across the back.||Uses adjustable hinges and padding for a secure fit and comes with a kit for setting the range of motion (ROM).|