What is Bracing?
The mobility of your animal can be affected in many ways, from physical trauma and injury, neurological deficiencies, or sometimes simply old age. Balto® USA proudly offers Balto® Braces, a line of ready-to-wear braces that are designed specifically to aid by supporting the affected joint in healthy movements, and dispersing body weight to help prevent further injury. Balto® are handmade in Italy and represents the highest quality, ready-to-wear braces on the market. With thousands and thousands of happy customers, Balto® is best in class.
Sometimes bracing is used to help prepare a patient for surgery, or to help in rehabilitation after a surgery. Often, bracing is an alternative to surgery, particularly if your pet is not an ideal candidate.
Orthopedic bracing, aside from reducing risk of further injury, provides greater confidence in mobility, reduces fatigue, and helps with pain and swelling. In many cases, overcompensating for an injury can lead to other issues that proper bracing can help prevent.
Are you ready to find the perfect fit?
- Allow up to two weeks for your pet to fully accept the brace.
- Wear the brace for 30 minutes a day, increasing 30 minutes each day after, for up to 12 hours.
- Remove the brace when your animal sleeps at night.
- Inspect your pet for signs of skin irritation. If any are present, contact your veterinarian.
- Consult your veterinarian for specific instructions on when to wear your brace.
- In addition to wiping the brace clean, keep skin and fur that comes into contact with the brace clean.
- Inspect your brace regularly for any damage.
If you are having any fitting/sizing issues, please reach out to consult with a Balto® representative. Brace size exchanges and/or refunds will only be honored if during the initial fitting the product is determined to be a poor fit, function, and/or the product is affecting the health or healing of the patient.
(Please see the Returns & Shipping page and Balto® Wear & Care instructions for more details.)
why choose balto?
Joyvet brand excellence is expressed every day in our Balto® orthopedic bracing solutions; handmade entirely in Italy, crafted in detail, and in compliance with all safety regulations. Balto® braces, approved by experienced veterinarians, provides maximum freedom of movement to our four-legged friends.
Joyvet is proud to hold extensive knowledge in the veterinary orthotics industry, and does its best to make sure the health of your dog is always in good hands.