The Balto® Pull addresses neurological disorders that cause severe proprioceptive deficits, such as:
- Dorsiflexion, or when the dog is unable to sense the position of the limb on the ground and tends to stand on the top of its paw.
- Damage to the sciatic nerve as a result of a fracture of the pelvis or femur, for example, in order to ensure that the neurological problem does not lead to orthopedic damage due to shortening of the flexor tendons of the paw.
- Designed for rear paws
- Additional soft silicone fitting for long term use
- High quality breathable fabric
- Hand washable
- Available in 5 sizes - XXS is ideal for cats and puppies
- Allow up to two weeks for your pet to fully accept the brace
- Wear the brace for 30 minutes a day, increasing 30 minutes each day after, for up to 12 hours
- Consult your veterinarian for specific instructions on when to wear your brace
- Remove the brace when your animal sleeps at night
- Inspect your pet for signs of skin irritation. If any are present, contact your veterinarian
- In addition to wiping the brace clean, keep skin and fur that comes into contact with the brace clean
- Inspect your brace regularly for any damage